Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4 Weekend

It's been a busy weekend spent doing all kinds of campaign work.

Let's see.

On Friday I assembled canvassing packages to get ready to collect signatures on my petitions: instructions, maps, registered voter lists, literature, voter registration cards, and petitions to follow as soon as they are printed. Friday night I walked a precinct for what seemed to be miles.

Saturday morning we were at the Independence Park July 4 Parade, passing out literature, meeting voters, and finding supporters. Saturday afternoon I met with a former p0litico in the district just to hear about his experiences. Got a good earful about the dos and don'ts of campaigning. He was generally helpful and friendly but not willing to be public in acknowledging me. That evening we put labels on envelopes for a fund-raising mailing.

Sunday I canvassed another precinct. Knocked on 70 doors. Little by little I'm getting around. Let me know if you want to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment