Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9

My rather slow weekend is morphing into another busy week.

Energy levels and weather conspired to make me lay low on the weekend so I campaigned until I got rained out, addressed invites to house parties, and rested.

Last night (Monday) Patrick and I attended a meeting of the Progressive Democrats of America where I breifly introduced myself and my candidacy got a round of applause. The program included a panel discussion about the closing of various Chicago public schools.

On this week's agenda is to meet with a representative of the Fraternal Order of Police to find out what their legislative priorities might be. Certainly voters in my district are concerned about the rise in crime and gang activity.

I have a college intern coming to help on Thursday. Friday is my first house party fund-raiser, followed by another on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment