Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday again

The weather is gray, cool, and damp...

I am spending my morning rounding up bits and pieces of the long-overdue work that clutters my desk. I can't say that there is much of a bright spot in all this, until I go to my mail box and find three more donation checks.

I breathe a sigh of relief, process the donations by 1) entering them in my accounting system, 2) sending thank you emails, and 3) making a deposit at the bank down the street.

I also sent press releases to the columnists at the Sun Times and at the Chicago Tribune. My campaign won't be newsworthy until after all the candidates' filings are in, which is sometime in November. In the meantime, I can only hope and work to get some press as the various columnists write about the issues of the day.

I want to thank the 5 people who are reading this blog! It helps me to feel less alone, though the truth is that I have lots of backers.

No comments:

Post a Comment